Due to Safety concerns, the HOA Board has modified the Boating Rules for the Independence Day Weekend: Saturday July 2nd, Sunday July 3rd and Monday July 4th.
- No wake speed will be implemented at 5pm on Saturday July 2nd, Sunday July 3rd and Monday July 4th to allow for the increased Boat Traffic. Boating after 5PM is permitted but at no wake or less than 5MPH.
- Non-motorized boats (kayaks, paddleboards, paddleboats and sailboats) are to remain near docks and shorelines. NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE or path for boat traffic
- No swimming across the lake. All swimmers should remain near shore and out of the paths of boating traffic.
- Fireworks scheduled for July 2nd (Saturday) will begin at dusk or approximately 9:30PM and will be launched from Lot 141.
- Kids Parade is scheduled for July 2nd at 1030. It starts at Eagle Circle and ends at Huron Circle where there will be popsicles for the kids
- Please keep in mind there will be street closures for the parade starting at 10 a.m. that will affect N281st Ave and again for the fireworks starting at 9 p.m. that will affect N280th St, as well as parts of 281st Ave and N279th St adjacent to Lot 141 where the fireworks will be launched
- Parking on the grass in the common areas is permitted during the holiday weekend as long as the ground is not rain soaked
- Please take some time to ensure that your beach is free from weeds/grasses prior to the holiday weekend
Below are a few reminders about our Valley Shores Boating Rules
- Residents are responsible for making sure guests are educated about the rules of our lake.
- KAYAKS and PADDLEBOARDS are to remain close to shore on the main lake and in the coves. We often see kayaks and paddleboards in the path of boat traffic and dangerously close to powerboats.
- Boaters MUST use an ORANGE FLAG to indicate a skier/tuber/wakeboarder is down in the water. No other color allowed per Nebraska Boating Regulations.
- Boats traveling above 5 MPH or with wake MUST BE 50FT FROM DOCKS. Please use the new installed Safety Buoys as a reference.
- DO NOT OVERLOAD BOATS. Maximum Posted Occupancy of the watercraft must include skier, wakeboarder or tuber.
- Valley Shores Boating Rules state that Children 12 years of age and younger must wear an approved life preserver when in a moving boat.
- Valley Shores Boating Rules state that NO ONE under the age of 18 shall operate a motorboat of any class anytime. Nebraska State Law requires any motorboat operator born after 12/31/1985 complete a Boating Safety Coarse and be in possession of a course certificate when operating a powerboat.
- Nebraska State Law prohibits standing or sitting ON THE EDGE of a moving powerboat.
- Navigation Lights are required on all boats after dusk.
- Boating is required to be in a counterclockwise direction.
- Give plenty of distance when traveling behind boats at all times
- No 360 tubing.
- No swimming across the lake.
- No wake or 5mph speed limit after dark.
- Fishing regulations and limits are set per lot. Residents are responsible for guests and must be present when they are fishing.
- Boats are required to have the Valley Shores sticker with lot number visible on the back driver’s side of the boat. A current registration and proof of insurance must be on file with the HOA board of directors.
- No boats of any kind powered or non-powered should be launched into Valley Shores Lake by a guest.
- If you are taking your boats, kayaks, paddleboards to other bodies of water you are required to leave them out of our lake to dry for a minimum of 7 days and sanitized.
Valley Shores HOA Board